During a helicopter tour above Oahu, visitors will see Hawaii – literally – from great heights, and these tours offer that and more.
Looking for a tropical escape? Oahu awaits!
Dubbed as “The Gathering Place,” the island is a melting pot of culture. From natural spots to man-made attractions, the place caters to every type of traveler. Oahu is Hawaii’s third-largest island and is home to its capital city Honolulu and some of the state’s famous attractions.
When visiting, expect a vibrant neighborhood matched by a regal mountainscape and unmatched ocean views. This diamond-shaped island is truly a gem so viewing it up in the air is an exhilarating experience. Here are some helicopter tours to try that will make travelers say, “Oh, wow, Oahu!”
The island is mesmerizing while strolling around its scenic spots. But why not take it to the next level? Enjoying its views while riding a helicopter is not just enjoyable, it’s almost heaven. Here are some tours to try, courtesy of Rainbow Helicopters.
Royal Crown Of Oahu
This 60-minute tour will let tourists enjoy the Waikiki skyline for $375 per person. Here are some spots to enjoy on this trip.
- Checking out the Diamond Head up above the skies gives guests the chance to enjoy the expanse of this geological feature.
- Behold, the Ka’a’awa Valley will let airborne adventurers rest their eyes, thanks to the greenery dotted by grazing cows.
- Travelers will also have a chance to have a glimpse of Pearl Harbor, a historic site that’s worthy of appreciation.
How about capping the day with a sunset tour? No words can describe the wonders of Waikiki as the sun hides and leaves a streak of magnificent colors. Enjoy all that in 50 minutes for $350 per person.
- With the beach below and the setting sun on sight, the helicopter is the best place to enjoy Waimea Bay’s views.
- The Sacred Falls State Park has been closed for two decades, and what’s the perfect way to catch a glimpse of its secrets? Above.
- The Makapuʻu Point Light is another attraction to check out sundown. It’s a lighthouse, after all.
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
This operator is ready to serve looks with their variety of tours that showcase only Oahu’s best.
Blue Skies of Oahu
This 50-minute journey ($334) aboard the comfortable Airbus EC130 spells rest, relaxation, and then some.
- The crescent-shaped Hanauma Bay is a tourist favorite, so to avoid the crowd, the chopper is the ideal place to enjoy its beauty.
- Take pictures of the Mokoliʻi and see the top of the ‘Chinaman’s Hat’.
- This tour will also take guests above the Battleship Missouri Memorial, the site of Japan’s World War II surrender.
Waikiki by Sky
The Waikiki neighborhood is vibrant and exciting so checking it out while aboard a helicopter is an experience to try. This is $129 (for 30 minutes).
- The Gold Coast has a lot to offer and first in line is the downtown itself: a place of tropical magic.
- Koʻolau Range’s majestic views are best enjoyed while sitting pretty in a helicopter.
Mauna Loa Helicopters
Aside from flight instruction, Mauna Loa also has tours. How can one enjoy a flight but with a memorable ride over Oahu?
South Shore Experience
Why not check out the Honolulu skyline? It’s beyond expectations, and a helicopter will prove just that. Now, that’s possible with a 20-minute journey for just $195.
- Have a look at Magic Island and observe sunkissed surfers take on the challenge of the Pacific waves.
- The Koko Head is famous among hikers but looking at it from a chopper is an entirely new experience.
- South Shore is not shy of showing its scenic beaches, so guests’ eyes will be busy.
The Magnum P.I. Experience Private Tour
This 50-minute doors-off ride is not to be missed especially for groups or families who want a memorable bonding experience. It costs $293 per person and lasts for 45 minutes.
- Kailua Beach is one of the most beautiful Oahu beaches, and its turquoise blue waters are a sight for sore eyes.
- Keep the eyes peeled while hovering over Kāneʻohe Bay; the reefs might give surprises.
- Be in awe while tracing the Banzai Pipeline until the waves hug the shore.
This operator knows how to wow guests aboard their comfortable choppers. Matched by the island’s unparalleled wonders, a sojourn with them will always be one of a kind.
Turtle Bay: North Shore Adventure
This narrated tour will give guests incredible views of shores and waterfalls. It costs $200 and lasts for 18 minutes.
- Don’t be shy and take in the beauty of Sharks Cove. There are no sharks here but still beautiful as is.
- Drown in the beauty of Sunset Beach and look out for surfers hanging ten.
- North Shore means business when it comes to surfing, and its 7-mile beachfront is easy on the eyes.
Kapolei: Diamond Head Scenic – Doors On
A guided journey over the Diamond Head area is perfect for those who want to take endless photos. Prepare those memory cards because this 35-minute trip ($235) is Instagrammable.
- Drink in the stunning beauty of Lulumahu Falls, its strong waters greeting travelers up above.
- Have a serene moment as the tour flies over the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, where valiant soldiers rest.
- Be mesmerized as the sparkling white sand of Ala Moana Beach Park captivates the eyes.
- Enjoy the sight of Ala Wai Boat Harbor and maybe say hi to the busy bees below.
Oahu is a gift to the world and its wonders are there just waiting to be seen by curious eyes. Helicopter tours give guests the chance to take it all in the vibrant skyline, the pristine Pacific, the historic landmarks, and the lively neighborhood.
Quebec Complete Travel Guide – Things To Do, Activities & Food